About this Blog

My photo
My Name is Ryan Mathews and I am a follower of Christ. I am currently an Outfielder in the Oakland Athletics Organization. I grew up in Orlando, FL and played baseball at NC State.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Arriving in California

I just arrived in California for training camp a couple days ago. The city we are staying in is Morgan Hill, California. It's about 30 minutes outside of San Jose. We are going to spend some time here getting ready for our summer in Alaska. We play a few games here against some California summer collegiate teams and also spend a lot of time with discipleship. Everyone stays with a host family here in California and usually with another a player. I am staying with another player named Tyler who is a pitcher from The Masters Academy. We have a really nice host family that has two young kids. They have a little boy named Dominic who is almost 4 and a daughter named Bethany who is almost 2. Our host family mom is also pregnant and expecting in the next couple weeks. We might end up having a new room mate before the trip is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment