About this Blog

My photo
My Name is Ryan Mathews and I am a follower of Christ. I am currently an Outfielder in the Oakland Athletics Organization. I grew up in Orlando, FL and played baseball at NC State.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Arriving in Alaska


Taking pictures of the landscape really doesn’t do justice to how beautiful it really is here. The huge snow capped mountains and ocean shorelines certainly make fore great views. We flew into Anchorage and are staying here for a couple days with another host family. This time I’m staying with 5 other guys on the team with a very gracious host family who is housing all 6 of us.  I think the most interesting thing about Alaska so far definitely has to be that it stays light for like 20 or 21 hours a day. It’s been pretty weird playing 7pm games and having the sun out for the entire game.  
Here are some pictures of the landscape on one of our drives.

No comments:

Post a Comment